Sunday, May 25, 2008

Upon my 38th birthday

As I begin my 39th year, my last year in my 30s, I try hard to see myself as who I am, a person who is sometimes less than grateful for all the blessings she has in life. I sometimes forget these blessings while bemoaning the things I don't have. Why is it that it is easier to see the problems than the positives? Why is it easier to see myself as a childless oldmaid rather than a loved friend, aunt, sister and daughter? I know that my blessings outweigh my troubles, but still I do sometimes get lost. So, as I begin the last year of my 30s (39 begins my 40th year) I will try to step back and assess the good fortune of my life while weighing it against the minor griefs I have and try to live in the moment and not dwell on the sorrows of the past or obsess over the uncertainly of my future. Easier said than done I know, but that is my wish and my birthday gift to myself. Happy Birthday to me!

Written on May 25, 2008

No comments: